Strasburg Museum - painting by Bill McClanahan
The Strasburg Museum
A National Historic Landmark
Opened in 1970.

440 East King Street in Strasburg, Virginia.
Mailing: PO Box 333, Strasburg, VA 22657
Open Weekends (Thursday-Sunday)
May thru October: 10:00AM-4:00PM

Phone number: 540-465-3175 (open hours only)
Admission: Adults: $5.00, Teens: $1.00,
                  Children: 50 cents
The Gift Shop does not take Debit or Credit Cards!
Looking for Volunteers to serve as Docents
(call 465-5281 or 465-3728)
Model Train Display open Saturdays
Free Admission July 1-3 and Sept 17 (Children's Day)

Visit Us on Facebook

Become a Member of the Strasburg Museum: Membership Form!

Celebrating over 250 Years of life in a small town in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia!

MISSION STATEMENT The Strasburg Museum is a 501(c) tax exempt property. Its mission shall be to collect, preserve, and interpret artifacts related to the history and culture of the town of Strasburg and surrounding areas. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Items on display feature authentic pieces from our local area spanning the Colonial era through the mid twentieth century.
These exhibits include:
  • A genuine red caboose that can be toured
  • A large collection of original Strasburg pottery
  • A working model railroad depicting Strasburg and the Southern Railway in the 1930s
  • An old country store display
  • Civil War articles
  • Colonial and Victorian style rooms
  • Historic local photographs
  • Native American Artifacts

  • Artifact Donations:
    Donation Information & Guidlines
    Donation Application Form

    Please Note:
    Donations given in memory of Gloria Stickley, longtime Director and President of the Strasburg Museum, will be used to award a scholarship to a Strasburg High School student. If you would like to offer a monetary gift towards this scholarship, please mail it to P. O.Box 333 Strasburg, VA 22657 or give it to a Board member. Thank you in advance.

    Mayfest 2022 Commemorative Pot, Some still available at the Museum!
    The pot is patterned after one made by African American potter Abraham Spencer who worked under Strasburg artisan, Samuel Bell (1860-1873): $30.

    250th Anniversary of Shenandoah County Commemorative Pot
    the Board has decided to order 25 more Shen Cty 250th Anniversary pots.
    They will be "arriving" in about 3 weeks(Aug 29)
    Pots ($35) are first-come-first-served; no limits on number purchased
    Call 540-465-5281 or 540-465-5660 to reorder.

    Coming Saturday, September 17, 2022
    Childrens Day! - 10:00AM to 4:00PM! FREE!!!

    Featuring: Games, Storytelling, Model Train
    Crafts, Barrel Train Rides, Lots of Fun!!

    Strasburg Museum Banquet Presentation - "Story Behind the Miller Bible" Click to View...
    Neil Thorne's video of "The Dellinger & Miller Attacks of 1764" Click to View...
    Strasburg Museum Raw Photography and Drone Footage, June 7, 2020 Click to View